Tuesday 10 June 2014

Active Dartmoor goes al fresco for lunch

What an absolute joy it is to wander anywhere on Dartmoor at the moment, this is surely the loveliest time of year. I took my lunch break beside the River Taw in the sunshine today, absolute bliss.
The colours seem so vibrant when we have showers mixed with sunshine, everything is clean and bright. Small wonder then, that so many people are getting out and about and enjoying walking, cycling and riding over this incredible, breathtaking area of Dartmoor.
I don't think I can remember a year when the Foxgloves came so fast and in such numbers, they are breathtaking this year. I've not yet seen very many bumble bees but am keeping my ears and eyes open for more. So, after an hour I needed to return to base, rested and refreshed from the gifts that Dartmoor bestows on us!
We are working hard on the summer issue of Active Dartmoor, and we will be distributing it in July. Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment